Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My interior Lights in my 2012 F-350 crew cab, will not come…

My interior Lights in...

My interior Lights in my 2012 F-350 crew cab, will not come on when all four doors are opened or with ignition turned on or when turning ignition off, checked all fuses and bulbs,

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?

I have actually I'm in the process of buying a service manual and start probing back to what may be a BCM

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I'm a Technician myself mainly GM sorry!!!

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I guess just a direction to lead me in thank you in advance

3/17/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Do the courtesy lamps come on when turned on overhead manually and with the dimmer adjusted to max?

Engine running does the instrument cluster show door ajar and not when opened and closed?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
courtesy lamps come on manually, no door ajar during running, when pressing dimmer toggle switch for cluster works fine for dimming and brightness but will not actually turn on dome light, maybe dimmer switch is bad?

So when one or all doors are open the instrument cluster never shows a door is ajar?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Never
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I had a friend Clear a code and they comeback on only for two days I tried to ask what the code is is but he never wrote it down,
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think it’s probsbly something simple I think!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m sorry I just went outside and tried one door open and it does say door ajar
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But no interior/dome light is on

Under the dash in the fuse box BCM (Body Control Module) if fuses 4 and 12 are good then your courtesy lights are not working due to a faulty BCM or there is a wire break. If you are confident in testing wires there, then I can show you the wire to check.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
All ready checked fuses in the BCM all clear, I’m A half assed mechanic,!!!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
could be a busted wire I can’t believe that but anything is possible, like I said they work for a short time then go out
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Awesome I will check that out, thank you so much! I’m actually cutting trees down from a storm we had!!!

Know the feeling all to well.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician