Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Every time i step on the heat blow and when i step on the…

Customer Question
Every time i step...

Every time i step on the heat blow and when i step on the brakes it turns cold

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2000 ford expedition

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

No and nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just whats the problem is the water pump or thermathat sorry if spelled it wrong

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
3/16/2018
Ford Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 5 months ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok

it is a circulation issue. if it was the water pump, you would have an overheating issue.

if it does not overheat, most likely the heater core is clogged. you can remove the hoses from the core under the hood and flush it with your garden hose both ways until it is clear and equal flow.

Also, make sure your coolant level is correct

Roy

do you have any other questions??

Roy

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

any update