Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Our horn keeps staying on. When the truck is turned off or…

Our horn keeps staying...

Our horn keeps staying on. When the truck is turned off or on all of the sudden the horn starts honking steady. What can we do?

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes, we had to actually in hook the battery cable to get it to shut off.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2016 F 150

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

We tried to hit the panic button and finally had to unhook the battery cables. When we re hooked them up, it started honking again.

3/16/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Is this a pulsing horn or staying constant on?

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Phone call session started
both. it starts by pulsing and then goes solid

Can I get your first name, then I can complete the call.

Chris

Beth

Beth J I have called twice and both times it went to voice mail.

Sorry
please ca
ll ba
ck
Sorry
please
call back

Left a message for you to call me.