Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Crank,no start. 97 Taurus gl. Pulling the gas tank and fuel…

Crank,no start Mechanic's Assistant:...

Crank,no start

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

97 Taurus gl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Pulling the gas tank and fuel pump, new ccrm, replacing all fusesand relays

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Haven't put a new pump on because when I pulled it the pump worked by itself on a battery

3/16/2018
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today. I am reviewing the details now.

Does the engine have spark while cranking? Does it run on starting fluid?

Have you checked for codes in the computer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Starting fluid I was told not to use

Ok

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have checked for codes in the computer but it hasn't been driven and the computer has been reset since the battery has been unplugged several times.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
CEL does not come on when turning the key to on
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the fuel pump doesn't seem to be coming on now. But when I pulled it and tested it on a battery it turned on.

Ok, then that is the root cause. That would indicate that the PCM is not awake with the key on. This could be a faulty PCM or just a blown fuse. I would recommend to start by checking fuses first and then check all powers and grounds going into the PCM with the key on and replacing as needed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've done this

Good, and what were the results?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It pulls code
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Or rather diagnostics
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But nothing that would indicate a no start
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Fuse was blown but is replaced
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Idk where the grounds are for the pcm.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Or power really

Ok one moment please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I thought I would get a better answer

I will certainly happy to help

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What?

We can talk over the phone as it might be easier. If not, thats ok too. We can continue here

You said you checked the powers and grounds at the PCM?

May I get the results?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't know where they are

Oh, ok, so you did not do this.

Let me send you the powers going into the PCM.

One moment

Do you have the 8th digit of the VIN by chance?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
U

Excellent! Thank you.

The power supplies going into the PCM are pin 55, 71 and 97. Be sure to check this with the key on.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
take the back off in the engine compartment

You would actually check the power supply circuits by back probing the connector at the PCM leaving it plugged into the PCM.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
In the engine comp
sir that’s correct
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I'll check in the daylight

Sounds good!

I am glad I can help!

Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STARS or SMILEY FACES" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

I just ask that you allow time in between replies as I may be helping other customers or offline spending time with the family.

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and have a great weekend!!

Hello there!

I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?

If so, please let me know as I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Amedee

AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
AMEDEE
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN