Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Everything worked fine no noise or slipping through the

Everything worked fine no...

Everything worked fine no noise or slipping through the gears until a couple of days ago when the truck seemed to be locked up when pulling away from stops or backing up. Now I am being told the transmission is shot.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

113,000km plenty of fluid

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2017 FX2 f150. up until now no issues. I have had the truck since 66,000km

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I do not know how to do it myself. I did have my mechanic drive the truck for a couple of days because when this first happened this past Sunday I immediately took it to him. He could not find an issue with it until Wednesday when it finally stopped working altogether

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing I can think of

3/16/2018
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

did he tell you the failure?? did he say torque converter??

Roy

I have not heard back from him today, he had the truck towed to a Mr Transmission

ok, the reason I ask is if it is the torque converter that failed, it is an emission piece that has a 5 yr 50k warranty. you may get some help from warranty on this.

as far as needing a trans, yes. the converter circulates metal throughout the transmission contaminating the valve body and other components.

Roy

do you have any other questions

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

thank you