Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My power windows, instrument cluster, and radio power keeps…

My power windows, instrument...

My power windows, instrument cluster, and radio power keeps going in and out

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses?

Yep and replaced all the relays. They all go out at the same time and come back on randomly.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2006 f250 with triton 5.4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I try to do as much as I can myself. Most mechanics get on my nerves and try to rip me off. No offense by the way. I have checked all the fuses and replace all the relays and in both fuse boxes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope that should do it

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/16/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

The issues are your instrument cluster. The battery saver relay is built into the cluster. This controls the accessory delay relay. The accessory delay relay powers the radio and windows. Your issue is a bad cluster or the cluster is intermittent losing its power and ground. You need to have the cluster out so you can test its wires when the issue is occurring. When things have no power see if the cluster is powered/grounded on the:

Pins 10, 13, 22, 26 https://www.dropbox.com/s/8fcaay39xexrcxw/220A.pdf?dl=0

Pins 12, 19 https://www.dropbox.com/s/5z8eo8ispmi6nhb/220B.pdf?dl=0

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Thanks moose I'll give that a try later tonight that's the first thing I've heard so far about the instrument cluster being the issue.

Keep in touch as needed