Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2013 fusion - replaced steering column after accident and…

2013 fusion -...

2013 fusion - replaced steering column after accident and can't get communication with SCCM brought to dealer, they say they tried reprogramming but still doesn't work - turn signals, high beams, and low speed wipers don't work

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs and fuses?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm trying myself as Ford doesn't know what it is. I tried a known good column but I guess it still would need programming

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/16/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Are you using new or used parts?

Are you getting any U codes from any modules?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
U0131 LOST COMMUNICATION WITH PSCM
Used parts I have a rear hit parts car
The car I'm working on was light hit in front but popped airbags

Thanks, ***** ***** done any diag steps on the U code yet to see if there are wiring concerns?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No was hoping this would be a quick reprogramming at dealer

Thanks, ***** ***** likely at the conclusion of doing these tests https://www.dropbox.com/s/87dcyl2zrwyz6n3/0131.pdf?dl=0 You will find the used SCCM is to blame here.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where is SCCM located? And does it need to be programmed to my car

https://www.dropbox.com/s/swsxmdr2g6533m9/SCCM.pdf?dl=0 This file shows the part and programming is needed

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is Ford dealer only game in town for programming?

In most cases yes. The updates to the IDS tool needed and the cost of owning an IDS is out of reach for most independent shops.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just picked up car from dealer they say power steering control module is located on the steering rack weren't very helpful
One tech that overheard my conversation with the service manager said he thought it needed a rack but he didn't have all details

You can see by the Ford image I sent the SCCM is not on the rack.

Based on your codes and all things not working, the focus needs to remain right at the steering column and not beyond it. The rack if replaced will not fix the wipers, headlights, and turn signals.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There are also faults : steering assist fault and service advance trac

If you can give me those codes I can give you those diagnostic steps.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Apparently I wasn't specific enough and Ford didn't read them not sure if my friends Launch CP2941 scanner was able to get these needless to say I'm really disappointed with the dealer I'll borrow my friend's scanner this week and try to see what I can pull do you recommend a reasonably priced scanner that would grab these including Abs and RCM codes?

If you want full functionality then you need an IDS.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is the Power steering control module the same as the steering column control module if not where is that located?

The PSCM is the steering rack and pinion.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician