Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a misfire in my lincoln navigator 5,4 l. Random

I have a misfire...

I have a misfire in my lincoln navigator 5,4 l

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it a steady misfire? Or random?

Random misfire. 119000 mi

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Navigator?

2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Navigator yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. i have change altinator. sparkplugs. fuel control modul. coil. injector

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I dont think so

3/16/2018
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

Is the P0300 code your only code?
Also, have you replace all the coils on it or just one?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
po208 p1000 po208FF po352 FF po 357 FF po358 FF po1000 FF
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i have try to change 3 coil an all sparks plugs

Thanks for the info.

I assume the engine is running rough at idle as well as going down the road?

I think with so many misfires that weren't resolved with the coils and plugs I would check for intake leaks. With the engine running, spray some carb cleaner along the intake manifold and see if the idle speed increases or smooths out. One code is pointing to a problem with the fuel injector, but still, I would look for the intake leak to start. If that doesn't produce any results, I believe I would take a compression test on the engine. This could give you some insight as yo what might be going on inside the engine. Its possible you have a timing issue causing all these misfire codes, but I would start with the leak check, if you have a bad intake gasket it could be causing this many misfires in my opinion. Especially since the coils didn't do anything to solve the problem.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!

Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician