Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It caught on fire. Teams fluid leak from a loose filter. The…

It caught on fire...

It caught on fire. Teams fluid leak from a loose filter

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the color and consistency of the fluid? And where exactly are you finding it?

The fluid was red didnot smell burnt. The teams was recently rebuilt. New case...and has performed well.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

F150 03 v6 2nd

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I got a transmission exterior harness from the junk yard. The old harness was bear wires. Removing the harness from the top of the bell housing and the firewall may have damaged it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

In any case the truck started but wouldn't drive and had12 codes all associated with trans evap and O2 sensors. After replacing the harness only8 codes showed but4 more tripped and ready to show. However I haven't checked the fuses. I expect that the 23 fuse is probably blown. How likely is out thatthe pcm got fried. What is re learn and where can I down load

3/16/2018
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Your on the right track, I have seen when wires fry like this they tend to short together or short to ground and damages the PCM itself.This I have seen several times before with a burnt or melted harness, unfortunately.

If all wiring is now o.k. and connected properly and if all fuses are o.k. I suspect your PCM was damaged in the fire and needs replaced.Unfortunately, I have run into this several times before with harness issues like this and had to replace and program the PCM to resolve this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

I really appreciate your help. And will rate you w 5 stars. I'm an appliance repair man and do residential house calls. My truck is my income. So I hadn't checked my fuses yet. Is there as place to dwnlodad the electrical schematics off the pin out to the harness at the bracket before the pcm. Are there specs for reading the sensors through the harness e.g.
these two wires correspond to the left bank o2 http s hmm would read 10 ohms.to

Thanks

You can gain access to all diagrams and pin outs and wire signal values at https://www.alldatadiy.com/.They do charge a small fee but the fee includes all repair info, diagnosis info and diagrams for your model here.This is the best place to get all of the info you need on wiring and pin outs and values for your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician