Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a slight rumble coming from the front right

Hi. I have a...

Hi. I have a slight rumble coming from the front right suspension on my 2017 Focus when driving slowly on bumpy roads - the dealer technician wasn't able to replicate it.

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?

Ride is fine, no fluid

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I want the dealer to do it but it would be nice to have an idea of what it may be before I take it in

3/15/2018
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

Rumble or a rattle?

A rumble, even my passengers have noticed it. The car has only done 6000 miles but it's new to me.
I suppose it could be called a rattle on some particularly rough surfaces (like unsealed areas) I notice it the most when I am driving slowly (around town) and not accelerating. Maybe I'm just spoilt because my last car was a Honda? But I don't think it can be normal in such a new car.

Sounds like a bad sway bar links. Very common for failure on these

john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
Oh ok, thanks.