Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Steering gear on my daughters 2013 ford focus with 70,ooo…

Customer Question
Steering gear on my...

Steering gear on my daughters 2013 ford focus with 70,ooo milessss

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fluids?

NOT TO MY kNOWLEDGE

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

IT WAS TOWED TO ***** WANTS TO CHARGE 25OODOLLARS TO FIX IT

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

IS THIS THE STANDARD CO rst for thisRepair

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
3/15/2018
Ford Mechanic: Edward, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Can you tell me if the vehicle has electronic rack and pinion steering on it? or is it just power steering? the electronic steering racks are high but 2500 does seem excessive to me.