Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I was driving down the road and my car started to slow down…

Customer Question
I was driving down...

I was driving down the road and my car started to slow down and I don’t know what to do

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

It’s not the battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’m by myself at a rest stop. I don’t have any tools or anything and I don’t know anything about a car. I just seen white smoke when I cut the car off. And the coolant reservoir is empty

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/15/2018
Ford Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 1 month ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

White smoke out of the tail pipe?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No from under the hood

Can you pinpoint the source of the steam?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
From the coolant reservoir

Then its overheating and the system needs to be pressure checked for leaks and internal damage

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can I fill the reservoir up? Will that make my car crank?

Has it cooled down yet?

Does it crank but not start?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I hear a ticking noise

Sounds like head gasket failure .I think a tow will be required

john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy