Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a no start in my 95 Bronco and I've replaced all

I have a no...

I have a no start in my 95 Bronco and I've replaced all ignition components and still no start, (no spark from coil). I'm wondering if this alarm could cause that

Mechanic's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Let me cut it out, 1 minute please

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

It says prestige on the remote, the P/N on the brain is(###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

That's all that's listed

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

This is all

3/15/2018
jim
jim, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today,

what size engine do you have?

Do you have fuel pressure?

Do the injectors turn on and off?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
5.8
Yes and yes.
No spark from coil. Coll is new, ignition module is new. When I check spark from the coil to the distributor there is no spark

Try disconnecting the spout connector and see if the vehicle will start. Let me no what happens.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Doing it now
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Same.... cranks great no start no spark

Ok, here the test procedure to isolate the problem.

Use a voltmeter to check the Tan/Yellow (T/Y) wire of the Ignition Control Module (ICM) for battery voltage with the ignition switch in the run and crank position. Disconnect the start relay near the battery when checking this so that the engine does not crank. The voltage is coming from fuse "U" 20A in the engine compartment fuse box, to the Red/Light Green (R/LG) wire of the ignition coil, through the coil back to the ignition module. If battery voltage is not present, trace the circuit back to locate the problem.

If battery voltage is maintained on the T/Y wire, use a voltmeter to read voltage on the Grey/Orange (GY/O) wire of the ICM connection with the ICM plugged in. Voltage should indicate a reading of less than 1.0 volt or within 1.0 volt of battery voltage.

Whether the reading is high or low, bump the engine over so that the distributor moves and take several more Key On Engine Off (KOEO) readings of the GY/O wire to verify that as the vanes pass through the stator in the distributor the signal reads the full high and full low values. If the voltage is not switching as it should, verify the R/LG wire at the distributor shows full battery voltage and that the Black/White (BK/W) and Orange/Red (O/R) wires have a good ground at the distributor with everything connected.

If the GY/O wire reacts properly and the T/Y wire shows battery voltage, backprobe the T/Y wire using a test light connected to battery positive. Monitor the test light while cranking the engine looking for a pulse on the test light.

If the test light flashes during cranking, either the coil is defective or it has a connection problem.

If there is no test light flash when cranking, verify the connections at the ICM are OK and replace the ICM as needed.

It is my goal to give you 5 star service, so please give me a 5 star rating before leaving the site today.

jim
jim, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You gave me the info I really need to figure this out. I will do this later today. 5 start no problem. Thanks

.

jim
jim
jim, ASE Certified Technician