Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Working on a 2005 Ford Freestar 3.9 L engine. What is

required to replaced the hub...
Working on a 2005 Ford Freestar 3.9 L engine. What is required to replaced the hub that has the lug studs? 2 of my studs are no good on the driver side.
3/15/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Is this the front Hub?

Okay you are going to need to remove the rotor and the hub and once you have the hub off all you need to do is smack the bad studs and the come out from the back side, then you install the new studs and use a hammer and a drift and pound the new studs back in place. Once the studs are back in place reinstall the hub and rotor and your all set.If you need the hub removal steps let me know.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
I'm going to see if I don't have to remove the hub. But if I have to yes please send me the removal steps,thank you

See the steps in the link below, sometimes you can sneak the new stud in from behind with the hub in place if you have enough clearance.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/989atpw4x8w3xk0/hub%20Mar%2015.pdf?dl=0