Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am putting a 1997 F350 cab on my 1995 F350 with a 7.5 gas…

I am putting a...

I am putting a 1997 F350 cab on my 1995 F350 with a 7.5 gas engine, the truck the cab came from had a 5.8 gas engine. what wiring and components do I need to change in the 1997 cab?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Just changing a badly rusted cab to a rust free cab

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I will be changing the cab myself

3/15/2018
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok,

since you are going from OBD1 to OBD2 in cabs, you will need to change the harness both inside the cab and outside the cab or the engine compartment. it will be a lot of work but needs to be done. controls are different for each cab

Roy

roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Do I also need to change the instrument cluster?

that may be ok. you will need to see if the harness connectors are the same. Since you are doing the interior harness, and you will have it out anyway, I would do it anyway.

Roy

thank you