Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm looking for the radiator drain plug on my 2001 Ford

I'm looking for the...

I'm looking for the radiator drain plug on my 2001 Ford Escape. There's so many hoses and stuff I can't see in there.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Ford Escape. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

That will make my day if I find out where it is and what it looks like.

3/15/2018
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today.

Does your vehicle have the 4-cylinder or the 6-cylinder engine?

It's the V6

Great! Thank-you! Please give me one moment to type out some info for you. Sit tight one minute... I'll be right back!

Thanks for holding!

The radiator draincock is located on the side of the radiator facing the engine, on the lower, passenger's side of the radiator. Best access will be from under the vehicle. You will need to remove the lower splash shield (just a few mounting screws around it's perimeter). For an image location view, click here: https://goo.gl/iKN8C5

Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page or click 'Accept' when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

I take it that diagram is the lower right corner facing the engine

Correct. As I mentioned above, it is located on the side of the radiator facing the engine, on the lower, passenger's side of the radiator.

Thanks, ***** ***** do it.

You're welcome! Glad I could be of some help today! Please remember to leave a rating for our Q&A using the stars at the top of the page! Have a great day!

Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -