Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2015 Ford Fusion life expectancy. Headlamp question

Customer's question: What is the expected life expectancy of the vehicle and can I use aftermarket lights for headlamps.

Mechanic's answer: Advised of posisble maintenance/engine/transmission issues down the road. Also advised on altering the vehicle for aftermarket headlamps is not a good idea.

Read full interaction below »

Oh nothing....I was just wondering with mileage easily being put on my car what is the life expectancy

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Ford. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Hmmm.....yes is it okay to put xkglow lights on a ford fusion

3/15/2018
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, what year fusion and what engine, automatic or manual trans?

2015 ford fusion automatic transmission
1.5 or 2.0

Well since its a newer vehicle it depends on which engine but both will probably have some issues with them as they get up into higher mileage. Glow lights? As in accessory lights? Are you having problems now?

I need new headlights and I ordered xkglow lights... they come with Built in fans to keep the bulbs cool
My headlights are blown

Its altering the factory wiring to install them but as long as they are installed properly that shouldnt be an issue. As for the motor they are known for some issues with coolant leaks with the water pumps and phasers if its a timing chain engine in the vehicle. The transmission is also known to have some issues down the road. So your best bet would be to purchase a Ford Extended service plan. That will pay for itself if you plan on keeping the vehicle for a long time. Aftermarket plans may be cheaper but you get what you pay for in terms or refused coverage when the time is due.

If you need more help or information please let me know. if I was helpful, please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating.

HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Ok...I don't think I have anymore questions

You are welcome, thank you!