Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Died at idle no sputter or anything just died,if I let sit…

Died at idle no...

Died at idle no sputter or anything just died,if I let sit for 10 minutes will crank up and run for hours while driving

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?

129565 and v10 triton

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Ford?

It's a 1999 ford f250

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fuel filter

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It'll crank and keep cranking but won't fire but 15 minutes later it'll fire right up

3/15/2018
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today. I am reviewing the details now.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Alright

Are you saying that the engine is starting intermittently?

Cranks but does not start? Is that correct?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It only does it sometimes every other day , but it'll crank and not start at all just keep cranking but if I let it sit it'll fire up like nothing ever happened ,or fire up and if I don't hit the gas it'll die

Got it. Are you looking for some options/possible causes as to why this is happening?

Have you checked for codes in the computer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Looking for possible causes as too why it's happening and it shows no codes

Got it, thank you for clearing that up. One moment while I type up your answer.

The most likely cause would be a faulty/weak fuel pump. This is very common. YES, it can work at times and then not work at other times. The check ball inside the fuel pump can leak down intermittently and cause an intermittent hard start.

Another possible cause would be a leaky fuel pressure regulator.

Also, the engine coolant temp sensor can in fact do this as well under certain or "specific" temperatures.

I am glad I can help! My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Fuel pressure has tested at 40 psi ,it don't sputter like it's losing fuel

Does it have spark when it does not start?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It does have spark

Ok, then it is likely that the injectors are not opening up enough due to a faulty input. This would be a faulty MAF sensor, engine coolant temp sensor or throttle position sensor.

I am glad I can help!

Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STARS or SMILEY FACES" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

I just ask that you allow time in between replies as I may be helping other customers or offline spending time with the family.

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and have a great day!!

AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
AMEDEE
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN