Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I changed the ignition cylinder, new keys, and now my anti…

I changed the ignition...

I changed the ignition cylinder, new keys, and now my anti theft won't allow my explorer to turn over. I need to know how to reset it disable the anti theft

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

The key old key is fine. The only problem was the cylinder. No can't move the steering wheel.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Explorer?

2002

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have a friend of mine trying to fix it. The initial problem is I think the fuel pump went out. This happened when the guy that was going to fix it said the ignition was messed up so o bought the cylinder and now nothing. This is as far as we've got

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I hope that's all.

3/14/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

You cannot reset nor remove this system. You need a scan tool that enter the 10 minute security programming then program your 2 new keys to your vehicle. OPtions are to call a mobile locksmith to come to you and do the programming to prevent the tow. Try and tape your old key next to the PATS transceiver at the cylinder and see if your new key can start the vehicle.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. I will try.

You are welcome

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would rate this as a 4. Thanks again

Thanks

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Moose, where is the PATS

The transceiver is near the hole where the key goes in.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician