Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

7.3 powerstroke no low oil pressure brand new oil pump. 99 f…

Customer Question
7.3 powerstroke no low...

7.3 powerstroke no low oil pressure brand new oil pump

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is your oil pump? Has the check engine light come on?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

99 f 350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Pore oil in top housing and will start & run 30 sec manual gauge in no pressure

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/14/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Did you pack the new pump with grease so it could prime and get oil up to it from the pickup?

Did you check the pressure relief valve to see if its damaged, missing, or stuck open?

Did you check for a cracked/leaking oil pickup tube, a leaking pickup to timing cover seal?

If all of these are fine then it has to be a cam or crank bearing failure that is wasting all the oil and not allowing pressure to be made.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

I pack the pump and the relief in the filter housing in ok. customer told me the engine ran for 1 hour then shut off and no restart i check out the truck found no oil pressure replaced oil pump same thing no oil pressure

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris