Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The power steering has stopped working, im reasonably sure…

Customer Question
The power steering has...

The power steering has stopped working, im reasonably sure that it is because of an error code that could be cleared with a 30$ piece of equipment but i need a little more information

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?

Not but the last mechanic I took it to did and that is what he told me

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2009 escape

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am far away from home on a limited budget so I'm unable to afford expensive fixes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have been driving it without power steering

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
3/14/2018
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

What is the fault code your actually getting?