Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm locked out of my 1996 ford cobra. any ideas on how to…

Customer Question
I'm locked out of...

I'm locked out of my 1996 ford cobra. any ideas on how to unlock it without a locksmith?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

Just bought the car last week and this is the first time I have locked myself out. 135k

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '96 Ford?

Like cobra svt?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven't tried anything yet, pearl, going to try a slim jim first.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, I just need some ideas to try to get in the car.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

One way I have gotten into mine is to take a soft cloth to protect the paint and a large screwdriver wrapped in the cloth and insert it at the top of the door and gently pry the door open at the top. Then take a cloth hanger and come in over the top of the door and hit the door unlock switch. Its a bit tricky to get the right bend on the hanger but doable.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician