Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1996 ford contour 2.0 won't engine dies. battery refuses to…

Customer Question
1996 ford contour 2.0...

1996 ford contour 2.0 won't engine dies. battery refuses to charge. Is there a fuse that needs to be replaced.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle have a carburetor?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Contour yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing. I had it checked at an auto parts store. They said the alenator died.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The dealer offered to replace the altenator. Also the instrument panel lights don't work.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
3/14/2018
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Was the alternator replaced to try and resolve this issue here?

Let me know,thanks Pete.