Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ron.does a 2000 Toyota camry with a 2.2l DOHC engine have a…

Ron.does a 2000 Toyota camry...
Ron.does a 2000 Toyota camry with a 2.2l DOHC engine have a interference engine that the valves are going to be bent if it throws a timing belt?
3/13/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

The 2000 Toyota 2.2 is NOTconsidered an interference engine. See the list below. If in fact the belt jumps or breaks there should not be any damage caused by that.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8djm0cllx10x5h/Inter%20Mar%2013.pdf?dl=0

Ron, ASE Certified Technician