Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

When I attempt to use my USB ports on my 2013 F-150, I get a…

Customer Question
When I attempt to...

When I attempt to use my USB ports on my 2013 F-150, I get a message that says no device detected. It has always worked in the past. Could it be a fuse, if so, what number is ***** and in which fuse box?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.

Yes. The manual doesn't specifically state which fuse supports that function. There are more than 120 fuses in the truck in two boxes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just taking the device in and out. I would like to change out the appropriate fuse next, then try the dealer if I am unsuccessful.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that's it.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
3/13/2018
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Is your interface module working (radio) ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think my questions sums up all I can say.

Okay, there is only one fuse ( #2 ) located in the interior fuse panel that power the system. If your radio is working then the problem is most likely with the interface module or a programming issue with it . The USB port comes from the module on a single wire. See the circuit wiring for reference as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wlxjbw9uynnzp9n/Radio%20Mar%2013.pdf?dl=0

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician