Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2009 ford escape electric power steering failing ford says…

Customer Question
2009 ford escape electric...

2009 ford escape electric power steering failing ford says that the car is not covered on recall but I think that is a line of nonsense. car was made at Kansas city plant between 2008 and 2011 why is it not covered under the recall notice?

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

No fluid because it is electric power steering and no whining

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes mechanic local has tried to replace the part once it lasted for a week before it went out again

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
3/13/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 5 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

2 things can prevent your vehicle from being covered by 14S05. The vehicles build date is not within the recall dates or the part numbers on your vehicle are not within the batch of bad parts being recalled. You can check and see if there is a recall here. https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/maintenance/recalls.html

WOuld you lie me to try and help diagnose this? Do you know if there are codes stored? Can you give me the noticed symptoms?

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris