Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I HAVE CODES P0565, P0566, P0567 P0586 P0569 AND P01536 WHAT…

Customer Question
I HAVE CODES P0565...

I HAVE CODES P0565, P0566, P0567 P0586 P0569 AND P01536 WHAT DOES MEAN AND HOW DO I FIX IT IN A 2007 FORD F350 TURBO DIESEL

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?

2007 3 MONTHS AGO

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I JUST RECEIVED THE CODES

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

THE TRUCK ONLY IDELS AND I HAVE NO FUEL PEDEL REACTION OUR RPMs

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/13/2018
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 1 month ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow-ups are free after ratings, so rate with confidence!

Those codes are all for the cruise control, except the p1536 is for the parking brake.

Do you have a tuner on the truck? I see those codes a lot with tuners doing the self checks and it will limp the trucks because the self test was done and the cruise buttons were not all pressed.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5-star service and I want to provide a 10 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much I can back to you.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Please note: The site does the phone call requests, not I. I do not generate the request. Same as the memberships. The only thing I ask for is a positive 5-star rating, when we are finished, for my personal service to you.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is a stock truck and I don’t believe it has a tuner in it. Also I don’t know what a tuner is.

I have the listing for the code meanings below. Check the fuses for the cruise control. Then if the fuses are good, then check the clock spring at the steering wheel to see if there is a short there. If the clock spring has voltage and ground at it, then the switches on the steering wheel may be bad and need to be replaced. I am thinking it is a clock spring problem though since you have the added code for the park brake in there. Since the PCM can't see the switches, it is limping out so the truck doesn't suddenly take off on you while on the highway.

A tuner is a add on that people do to the diesel engines. It is a little device that plugs into the OBD port and will change the parameters of the engine. A lot of people have them and a lot of issues happen because of them. It sounds like you don;t have one which is good, for we know that isn't the cause of the issue.

P0565 SCCS Cruise control ON signal Open circuit, short circuit, switch failure, PCM failure to activate switch during testing
P0566 SCCS Cruise control OFF signal Open circuit, short circuit, switch failure, PCM failure to activate switch during testing
P0567 SCCS Cruise control RESUME signal Open circuit, short circuit, switch failure, PCM failure to activate switch during testing

P0568 SCCS Cruise control SET signal Open circuit, short circuit, switch failure, PCM failure to activate switch during testing

P0569 SCCS Cruise control COAST signal Open circuit, short circuit, switch failure, PCM failure to activate switch during testing

P1536 PBA Parking brake switch circuit Circuit, switch, PCM failed to activate switch during KOER

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you I will check out everything you said. But the is nothing in my owners Manuel does not show a cruse contribution fuse do you know where it would be.

I forgot the 2007 doesn't have the cruise control fuse. Sorry about that. it is PCM controlled.

Try this test:
Diagnosing/Resetting the Cruise-Control operations:

1. Fully engage the parking brake. Make sure brake peddle is released.

2. Begin static portion of self test by pressing and holding speed control off switch.

3. Turn ignition switch from off to run. The cruise indicator on the instrument cluster will flash once to indicate the speed control module has entered diagnostic mode.

If the cruise indicator does not flash repeat steps 1-3. If the cruise indicator still does not flash, diagnose the cruise indicator.

4. Release the off switch

5. The cruise indicator will flash when each switch is pressed. While performing self test. Press each switch in the order described while observing cruise indicator for a flash. Note any switch activations that does not cause a flash.

Within five seconds of turning the ignition switch to RUN:

Press the on switch.
Press the resume switch.
Press the coast switch.
Press the set/accel switch.

6. NOTE: the on switch must be pressed within five seconds after entering the diagnostics mode or the speed control module will return to normal operating state and self-test must be repeated.

Flash Code Function Tested Possible Cause
0 Speed Control Servo Speed Control Servo Defective
1 Complete System
2 Stop Light Switch Circuitry Stop Light Switch Circuitry
3 Brake Deactivation Circuitry Brake pressure control
valve defective circuitry
4 Vehicle speed sensor Vehicle Speed Sensor Out of
range
5 Speed Control Servo Speed Control servo defective

That test is after ruling out the cruise control switch itself. it is the number one cause for the issue. They will just quit, second is the clock spring. Third is one of those above.

Jeremy
Jeremy