Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My interior air vent is stopping after working a minute or…

Customer Question
Hey, my interior air...

Hey, my interior air vent is stopping after working a minute or two.

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?

I guess it has been an issue for several months but at first it was not so bad. At first it was only when fan was on 4th level. Now it's stopping even when on 1st level. Car has done about 400 000km

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

Ford Focus, mk1, 2000a, hatchback with 4/5doors.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Focus?

2000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Nothing yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It seems like its problem of some kind of over-heating-preventor. When it "overheats" and stops, it makes some pretty quiet noises. After 10 minutes or so, it starts up again and "overheats" again.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Ford Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 4 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by

Ford Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 4 months ago

The symptom you are experiencing is caused by a short in the blower motor circuit which is usually caused bya faulty blower motor, blower motor resistor or damaged/ burnt electrical connectors for blower motor/ resistor.

As I have read, faulty blower motor resistor is resulting in blower blowing only on 4th speed?
I have also read something about a relay, that should prevent blower motor overheating. Could it be fault of that relay and where is it located?