Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My interior air vent is stopping after working a minute or

Customer Question

Hey, my interior air vent is stopping after working a minute or two.
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: I guess it has been an issue for several months but at first it was not so bad. At first it was only when fan was on 4th level. Now it's stopping even when on 1st level. Car has done about 400 000km
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: Ford Focus, mk1, 2000a, hatchback with 4/5doors.
JA: What year is your Focus?
Customer: 2000
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Nothing yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It seems like its problem of some kind of over-heating-preventor. When it "overheats" and stops, it makes some pretty quiet noises. After 10 minutes or so, it starts up again and "overheats" again.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gunvir Singh replied 8 months ago.

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by

The symptom you are experiencing is caused by a short in the blower motor circuit which is usually caused bya faulty blower motor, blower motor resistor or damaged/ burnt electrical connectors for blower motor/ resistor.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
As I have read, faulty blower motor resistor is resulting in blower blowing only on 4th speed?
I have also read something about a relay, that should prevent blower motor overheating. Could it be fault of that relay and where is it located?