Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Can I install a 2005 focus 2.0 into a 2006 fusion with a…

Customer Question
Can I install a 2005...
Can I install a 2005 focus 2.0 into a 2006 fusion with a 2.3??? Also is the manual trans the same on the 05 focus and 06 fusion??
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
3/13/2018
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 1 month ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

No, you cannot put a 2.0 L into a 2006 that came with a 2.3L. The wiring harness and sensors are different. Also, the PCM (Engine Computer) will not run the 2.0L.

The parts are not interchangeable either. You also cannot swap the wiring harness or the PCM. The PCM itself is programed to the vehicle along with the VIN# ***** the vehicle.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Then why are there a bunch of people saying that they've swapped a 2.0 into a 05 escape 2.3l

I cannot tell you that. I am a Ford Service Technician and I work on these a lot. I had to Google it and on Youtube, iI saw a guy swap his 2.3L for the 2.0L and had to swap sensors, but it was for an automatic transmission, CD4E transmission, not manual.

I cannot see the reasoning for it since the 2.0L has less horse power.

Videos are one thing, I would to actually see one that was swapped over after it was driven a few thousand miles and see if they had any issues. People can talk all they want, I would like to actually see it in person to back up their talk.

A. Penland
A. Penland