Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Intermittent starting issues Will lose power completely when…

Customer Question
Intermittent starting issues Will...

Intermittent starting issues Will lose power completely when trying to start I can start it if I disconnect the battery amd leave it for 10-20 minutes. Then it will start fine. the problem comes back though

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Battery is charged. When I go to start the car I completyely lose all power. If I disconnect the battery and leave it for 10-20 minutes I can then return and start the car wqith no issues

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Ford?

2014 ford escape

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

I changed the battery that is all.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope that should be it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
3/13/2018
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 6 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, so when you turn the key to on the dash doesnt light up, it acts like a dead battery? You have a good connection to a good battery? No aftermarket alarm or accessories?