Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a ford Expedition 2007. My drivers side window won't…

Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a ford Expedition 2007. My drivers side window won't go up or down but the motor is working. I see to cables sitting in the bottom of the door

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

169K - Automatic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing that I can think of

3/12/2018
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

This means you are going to have to replace the window regulator. If the motor is good, and those cables are sitting down at the bottom of the door the regulator has come apart. You can remove the regulator and motor, then remove the motor from the old and transfer it to the new one. Bolt it in, bolt the window to it and you'll be good to go. In the meantime, if you have to, slide the window up by hand and put a board under it to keep it up.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!

Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Hey Mike thank you sir and yes I will be changing the regulator.

You are very welcome and thank you for the rating!