Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2010 F-150 Started missing, I drove it about 5 miles

Customer Question
My 2010 F-150 Started...

My 2010 F-150 Started missing, I drove it about 5 miles missing to home turned it off and now it wont start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes. Engine cranks very good. Bot wont start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not tried anything. I need some idea of what it might be.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
3/12/2018
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 6 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Have you been able to check he computer for any stored codes?

No
No Call. Just give me some idea of what could be wrong.

I will. Sorrythe call is an extra from the website.

What is most common is the fuel pump driver module. It is located on the frame and rots out. So checking for fuel at the engine would be a good idea. What engine is in the truck?

5.4 Engine

Ok. Visually check the fuel pump driver module and make sure you have fuel at the engine. ALso the mass air flow sensor is known to cause a no start on these trucks. It is in the plastic housing near air filter. Try disconnecting its connector and seeing if the truck will start.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

Make any progress with your truck?