Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Theft light blinks and the rear liftgate won't open. No and…

Customer Question
Theft light blinks and...

Theft light blinks and the rear liftgate won't open.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tried to reset the computer?

No and no.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2003 escape

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Rough roads seem to trigger this. It comes and goes.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/13/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Are there issues starting the vehicle due to the theft light?

Liftgate will not open from the rear or from the fob, correct?

Ear to the liftgate, can you hear anything from the gate when unlocking and trying to open it?

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris