Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Alot. 2010 ford taurus. Everything

2010 ford taurus Mechanic's...

2010 ford taurus

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes everything

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Jose,

What is it your trying to repair, what type of problem are you having?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok : Here is my issue. I have a 2010 Ford Taurus SEL, 132K miles. The driver seat heater stopped working. The seat has a small brown spot. I would guess its a blown circuit (wire) Due to the fact when I press the seat heater button it turns on and turns off right away. The Passenger seat works! So thats why I think its a blown circuit. And if it was a fuse both seats would not work because I am guessing there is 1 fuse for both heated seats. Any thoughts? I believe I need a new Heater pad assembly for the driver.Thank you.

The common caused for this problem is in most cases due to a bad Heated Seat Element and when it shorted out it likely overheated and that caused the brown spot on your seat. The fix in most cases is to replace the element. Do you need the steps to replace it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
please, And does this look like the part?
https://www.newautoparts.com/oem-parts/ford-seat-cushion-heater-ag1z14d696n?origin=pla&gclid=CjwKCAjwypjVBRANEiwAJAxlIn-Mo0BflbroBacfoaUSbB_lv45wUfxEclACahtw3uw5HDjFhS2wfxoC-PwQAvD_BwE

Yes, that does look like the correct part. See the replacement steps in the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sg3fmv0g1shcgnw/seat%20heater%20Mar%2012.pdf?dl=0

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you very very much!

Your very welcome and thank you as well. See the replacement steps in this link, the other steps are for testing if needed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/voa5o5v8tn048d8/seat%20elememt%20Mar%2012.pdf?dl=0

Ron, ASE Certified Technician