Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2007 Expedition EL had its shocks replaced and now the…

Customer Question
Hi! My 2007 Expedition...

Hi! My 2007 Expedition EL had its shocks replaced and now the Message Center is saying "Check Air Suspension". The air suspension is working fine so I'm not sure how to clear this message (Reset will clear it until the next time I start the vehicle).

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?

No fluid leaks that I can see.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition EL yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. I took the vehicle to a shop.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that's it. The mechanic who replaced the shocks doesn't know how to clear the message either. :-P

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
3/12/2018
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 1 month ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Was this message on before and after the shocks were replaced or did it only come on after they were replaced?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Pete!
The message only started showing up after the shocks were replaced.

O.k.,it will take a fully compatible scan tool that can read all computers in your vehicle to then communicate with the suspension computer to clear out the fault codes.

If the codes are all cleared out and the message continues then one of the shocks is faulty internally ( I have seen this occur even with new parts ) and the shocks need checked to locate which one has a faulty sensor needing replaced again at no cost to you under parts warranty.But there should be a code set in the suspension computer for a faulty shock or sensor to help locate which needs replaced or to just clear the codes.The codes will need cleared out with a fully compatible scan tool to turn off this light.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician