Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2015 f150 is having some electrical problems and i

Customer Question
believe it is something in...
my 2015 f150 is having some electrical problems and i believe it is something in or around my driver side seat. Something is causing the settings in my dash to reset so my power running boards are no longer automatic, my passenger side window works only part of the time, i lose power to my AC controls, heated seat button, volume knob, and a few other buttons. The reason i think it is something in my front seat is because i have noticed when I am sitting all the way back everything works fine, but if i lean forward or cause a change in pressure on my seat that is when everything starts acting up. Help would greatly be appreciated!
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
3/12/2018
Ford Mechanic: davehop, Ford Technician replied 4 months ago
davehop
davehop, Ford Technician
Hello and welcome to JA....ok... Let's reach under the seat and unplug the connectors that go to the seat and then see if they're still has an effect on the other components in the vehicle that are working or not working when you're leaning forward or back on the seat so we can eliminate the seat and it's wiring as a possibility
Are you still in need of assistance?