Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2002 Ford Explorer heat comes out vents and defrost cant get…

Customer Question
2002 Ford Explorer heat comes...
2002 Ford Explorer heat comes out vents and defrost cant get heat to come out into floor
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
3/12/2018
Ford Mechanic: davehop, Ford Technician replied 4 months ago
davehop
davehop, Ford Technician
Hello and welcome to JA...does your vehicle have manual A/C or Automatic Temperature Control?
manual
Ok.... Thank you for the additional information.... On your vehicle there is a vacuum control motor that controls the airflow to come out for the vents in your dashboard if you open the glove box and pull it down and look to the left of the glove box behind the dash you'll see the vacuum control motor there make sure the vacuum line is plugged into it and if it is operate the arm of the actuator and see if you can get the air to flow out through the vents while the engine is running
Are you still in need of assistance?