Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

We have just bought a 2010 Ford Expedition with power

Customer Question
We have just bought...

We have just bought a 2010 Ford Expedition with power folding 3rd row seats. We can't get the third row seat headrests to fold down. The owner's manual shows there is a strap if you have manual seats, no strap on the power seats. We can't figure out how to fold the headrests down and I need those 3rd row seats flat.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Ford Expedition. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No thanks.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
3/12/2018
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 4 months ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

There should be a strap under the head rest. They are the same for power folding and manual folding 3rd row sets. Make sure the strap is not tucked up into the headrest. Rock the head rest back and forth to double check.

We have looked to see if the strap is tucked into the headrest. No luck.

Does the head rest rock back and forth?

And the head rest will not fold down when pressing the button to fold them.

Will not rock back and forth and does not fold down when pressing the button
The second row seats have the little straps and they fold down easily when you pull them

The straps should be in the center between the two post for each head rest. I they are gone, somebody has removed them. You need then to flip the head rest down into the fold position.

The owners manual does not show a strap
Not for the power folding seats
Thanks I see the straps. We will try and see if we can dig them out.

I hope they are there. The head rest will not move if they are gone.

The people who owned this Expedition kept it in immaculate condition. I can’t imagine they cut the straps. Plus there is a clear indentation on the seat where it looks like the headrest was folded down at some point.
Thanks for your help.

Your welcome.