Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have received "power steering assist fault" on my

Customer Question
Hello, I have received...

Hello, I have received "power steering assist fault" on my dashboard in my 2012 ford fusion sel and I was wondering if it can be fixed from home?

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

It has been 3 months ago since I changed my fluid and no I have not received any noises.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I have just received it this morning. And I was wondering what ways I can fix it home, so I won't have to go to the dealership

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that is it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
3/12/2018
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 1 month ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Can you give me the VIN# ***** the mileage?
I want to check Fords database for Recalls on your power steering. They are VIN# *****

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
3FAHPOJA4CR182916 and the mileage is 75593 miles

have it towed to your nearest Ford dealership. There is a recall out for this problem on your 2012 Fusion. See the link below. They will repair the problem free of charge.

Below is a generic letter of what Ford sent out to registered vehicle owners.

Sorry, that link did not work, see the one below.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you!!!! I appreciate it

Your very welcome. If you do not want to drive it, Ford Motor Company will even pay for the tow truck.

A. Penland
A. Penland