Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2014 ford Escape, with the Intelligent Access with…

Customer Question
I have a 2014...

I have a 2014 ford Escape, with the Intelligent Access with the 5 button key fob. The vehicle has proper battery voltage and good cable connections. The issue is it the key does not seem to be communicating with the vehicle, as the "press to start" message does not display, and if you push the start button on the dash, the dash does not illuminate. The key will activate the door locks, and when you open the door, the dash will illuminate briefly before going dim. In addition, the vehicle was starting intermittently prior to not at all, and then would run for a few miles and stall. After sitting for some time, it would restart. Your thoughts? thanks!

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Replaced in both keys, also, the manual states you can hold the key next to the symbol on the RH side of the steering column, which also did not work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, and I've verified proper battery voltage and connections, and check all of the fuses.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

All of the lights, door locks, rear tailgate work.. OK

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
3/11/2018
Ford Mechanic: Daniel, ASE Certified Tech/business owner replied 4 months ago
Daniel, ASE Certified Tech/business owner

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please note that all experts are paid based off of ratings alone and I prefer five stars so please let me know what I can do to achieve that from you today.

Based on the information that you've given, I am recommending a phone call conversation to allow me to assist you more efficiently. Please accept so that we can continue or we can continue here but it may take more time based on the difficulty of the problem.

Ok, when is a good time to speak in person?

Anytime, I believe it is not allowing me to request a premium service from you... Possibly because you denied for the request for premium services. But if you request a phone call from me then we can go from there.

Trying to communicate via texting, but getting kicked off due to the system trying to upsell me attorneys and other BS. I essentially need to determine if the key is communicating with the car, or if the push button switch is defective. As far as the engine quitting after running awhile, that could be another issue.
what is a “premium” service? Does the $5 I paid cover?

I was just able to send you a request for phone call assistance... I am ready when you are.

You will have to ask just answer about that, I believe it covers the conversation and a certain amount of live phone calls...but you need to ask them to be sure.

Or you can just directly connect with me and get my direct phone number for the proposed offer.

Once you have accepted the proposal and I will post my phone number, at that point you will text me at least 30 minutes prior to when you are ready to talk. At that point I will call you or set up a time to do so as soon as possible.