Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I need to remove the 12v port in the back seat that is in…

Customer Question
I need to remove...

I need to remove the 12v port in the back seat that is in the center console I have removed the 4 screws at the top, I cannot get that section to pop loose. Am I missing something?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
3/11/2018
Ford Mechanic: Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician replied 6 months ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician

Hello, I am Randall. I do not know what information is available as do not know year? make? model?

I am sorry 2014 Ford escape

just not finding factory info sorry, I will opt out and open the post to the other experts

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Here are steps to disassemble and remove the center console to get to the power point for the rear seats. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ea98qadhfrz0utn/centerescape.pdf?dl=0

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

all I am trying todo is reattach the connector wire to the power source, do I need to remove the entire console? It seems like the back panel can be removed so I can get my hand in there to plug it back up.

Ford has no files showing proof that just the rear panel alone can be removed from the exterior of the center console. Since you say there are screws I would like to say yes you could then pry the cover off if there are J clips holding it on. But from the file I sent you can see what I see. No screws are shown and no proof for me to say, yes that cover alone can come off.

Are you still needing help?

i need to remove the 12v plug out of the back side of the center console of a 2014 escape. Even if I take the whole console out I cannot get to the plug

Since you have the console now out and upside down. Can you send me a picture showing what is restricting you from accessing the back of the outlet?

I have not taken it out it seems crazy the whole thing has to come out to replace that.

You will need to follow the steps I sent to get this job done.

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris