Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have a 2018 f250 with 6 uplift switches. Located the 6 lines…

Have a 2018 f250...

Have a 2018 f250 with 6 uplift switches. Located the 6 lines at the fuse box for each swt. incab passenger side found 4 wires(through wire?). Can not find the other end of the pass through wires under the hood. Please advise location. Also, are there wires directly from the pass through witches inside the cab I can connect to directly without going through the pass through wires?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.

Yes, manual is not clear on how to set up or connect loads. This has to be simple.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

All I have done is try to locate the wiring. Once I have the locations and the functions, i can take it from there.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My questions should be simple. 1. Where does the pass thru wires come out under the hood? 2. Do I have to use the pass through wires only to connect the load inside the cab (Power rear view mirror example) to the swts. 3. Are there are direct lines for an inside load for the up swts , where are they located?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Tks
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/11/2018
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** you just trying to access the switches only or do you need PTO? Have you located the 6 wires?

T​he 6 wires for the upfitter switches can be hooked up at the blunt cut wiring ends if you have found them, they are all circuit protected.

T​hey should be left hand A pillar area by my wiring diagram. You can just use these, these are from the switches, you shouldn't need a pass through wiring.

T​he pass through are by RH kick panel and there are 4 of them and the other end is under the hood in the RH rear engine compartment.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do not call me. I thought there would be a simple solution to my problem. I want to know the physical locations of the pass thru wires under the hood and where is the direct swt wires located under the dash. If your can not answer me today, I am heading to Ford tomorrow. U have not answered my questions at this point. I need something today. Please let me know.

We won't call nor will you be charged.

U​se this website here, this is all the information you need on circuits. Click here

Select body builders layout book, then select your year and truck.

Did you find the wires, let me know. Thanks Scott

Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Daniel, Manager
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank u for your help. I’ve checked on the driver side under the dash and found no swt wires. I took off the side panel and panel under the steering wheel and still found no wires. I will go to ford tomorrow to solve my problems. Someone from your organization keeps calling me. Please have them stop as u said no one will call and there will be no charge. Thank u again and this will be my last communication.

Ok thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Today I notice on my charge card a charge for a phone call from your organization for $26. Please cancel this charge based on the above response from u that no phone calll would be placed and there would be no charge. I have not taken any calls from your organization. Please credit the $26. Tks

O​k I sent refund request for the phone charge. Just so you know, I have nothing to do with billing. I work at dealership during the day, whatever this website charges is from them, not me. Thanks Scott

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Tks Scott, I understand. Please relay my cancellation to the trial run period. I appreciate it.
Ok
Scott W.
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician