Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2000 ford windstar trans slip in 1st and in to 2nd after…

2000 ford windstar trans...

2000 ford windstar trans slip in 1st and in to 2nd after that it's fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Windstar yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well I checked fluid level ,codes all was good

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

There was no codes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Traction control kicks in when it slips also

3/11/2018
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your questions today. Give me one moment while I review this.

Here’s the sequence of events I follow:
Check fluid level and color. Make appropriate repairs.
Check shift solenoids with a scan tool in bidirectional mode if
applicable. Shift solenoids are inside the transmission and
this is the easiest way to check them.
Drop pan and inspect for excessive metal shavings inside
pan. Check valve body and clutches visually.
Hopefully you may not have to go this far, maybe you just
were a bit low on fluid.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

I will see if my scan tool will let me test solenoid and get bake to you thanks
I could not check the solenoid but I found 3 codes p0743 p0750 p0760
They where under pending codes

You're welcome, thanks you too and please remember to rate me 5 stars now and keep our link in case you need me again later on.

Pending codes still count, they're just waiting to mature.

I don't get credit for helping you unless you rate me:)

Thanks again, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Where would you say I should start with these codes

Do the bidirectional tests for the shift solenoids first.

Thanks again, Ron

I'm not sure how to do that test can explain it to my?

It's done with the scan tool and the only way to check these solenoids. They are inside the transmission. There is a bidirectional function on the scan tool to allow these tests.

Thanks again, Ron