Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2005 Ford Focus won't start. I checked the ignition

Customer Question
My 2005 Ford Focus...

My 2005 Ford Focus won't start. I checked the ignition switch, the relay, but nothing happen also the parking position does not work

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

200'605

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

The transmission was repaired about 5 months who

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I tried to change the ignition switch since the panel lights gets on and change the ignition relay

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
3/11/2018
Ford Mechanic: Daniel, ASE Certified Tech/business owner replied 5 months ago
Daniel, ASE Certified Tech/business owner

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please note that all experts are paid based off of ratings alone and I prefer five stars so please let me know what I can do to achieve that from you today.

Have you had your battery load tested to make sure that it does not have a bad cell?

The computer gave me the PO171
The computer gave me the PO171 code

Okay, based on the information you have given me, I am going to recommend that we continue via phone call so that I can assist you more efficiently. Please accept the request that I'm going to send you so that I can continue or we can continue here but it may take longer depending on the difficulty of your problem.

I'm going to be leaving now and will pick this back up in the morning, if you accept the request then I will post my number and we can set up a time that is good for you and I will call you. Or we can continue here... I just want to assist you and the most efficient way that I can.