Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Last night, when entering a parking garage, I opened the…

Last night, when entering...

Last night, when entering a parking garage, I opened the driver's window with my electric window opener. When leaving, the window opener did not work, although I heard a faint click. I've checked the window locking lever and have tried several times today. The click is no longer there.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

This happened last night for the first time. The noise seems to be coming from the window area.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2011 Fusion (not hybrid)

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just the window lock lever in both positions.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, that's it.

3/11/2018
Michael
Michael, Ford Senior Master Technician

Hello, my name is Michael. I will be assisting you today. Give me a moment to review this information and get right with you. If you have your VIN please send it to me.

Are you hearing any noises when you attempt to roll your window up and down? Do all other windows operate normally?

Don't have VIN nearby. I don't have a handle to roll the window down manually. None of the windows will open.
At first I heard a click when trying to use the electric window control. Now there's no sound.

It may be difficult to see in the daytime, but if you are in the car with the headlamps on, do the switches illuminate as they should?

I'm not in the car. Should I go out to it?

Yes, go out and turn the headlamps on and look at the switches to see if they light up. This will tell us if the switch is getting power and ground to the circuit.

They do not light up.

Can you open your trunk using your remote or the button on the dash? This component shares a circuit with the windows.

both methods open the trunk.

Were you able to check all of the window switches in each door for illumination?

Michael
Michael, Ford Senior Master Technician
Phone call session started

I attempted to contact you by phone, but have gotten no answer.

I answered but no one was there. Want to try again?

I apologize. I will try again now.