Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

06 F150 FX4 WILL NOT START, IT JUST CLICKS ONCE, ELECTRONICS…

Customer Question
06 F150 FX4 WILL...

06 F150 FX4 WILL NOT START, IT JUST CLICKS ONCE, ELECTRONICS SEEM TO BE WORKING PROPERLY, CHANGED OIL AND FILTER, FRONT HUB ASSEMBLY, AND VTS ON THE 8TH

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

WHAT NOICE AND SINCE THE 8TH

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

YES, I HAVE CHANGED THE OILAND FILTER, TRANS FILTER AND FLIUID, CPS, VTS, FRONT HUB ASSEMBLY

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I HAVE A*****ON THE 11TH AND NEED TO GET IT FIXED ASAP

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
3/11/2018
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 6 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

It would be best to check for power at the starter when the key is in the START position. But you can also try tapping the starter with a hammer while tying to crank it. Can you give either one of those a try?