Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1983 Ford F350 XLT with a 6.3 liter diesel I feel…

Customer Question
I have a 1983...

I have a 1983 Ford F350 XLT with a 6.3 liter diesel I feel that both tanks I put some diesel fuel supplement octane boost into it and it rained ran fine from Longview to downtown Vancouver and now it does not want to stay running at all I'm not sure what to do and both tanks are full of fuel it'll start up then die

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

I have a 1983 Ford F350 XLT with the 6.4 liter diesel I feel that both tanks in Longview Washington and put some what is it it is called diesel fuel supplement winterizing agent and go thanks and ran down here and basically now it does not want to stay running at all and smoking even worse I'm not sure what to do

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I made sure everything was plugged in all the injectors I tried to change fuel filter but I can't even get that thing to break loose and I don't have an oil filter wrench with me that's what you got both tanks on and off it doesn't want to run on either one

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
3/11/2018
Ford Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 1 month ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

are you sure it is not a 6.9?? does it have an injector pump??

Roy

do you still need any help??

let me know if you have any questions

roy
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest