Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 99 Ford contour to point out the car will start and…

Customer Question
I have a 99...

I have a 99 Ford contour to point out the car will start and run fine I’ll drive for like five minutes and I just shut off I change the fuel pump filter relay and it still doing it now if I let the car sit after shut off for about 15 minutes it’ll start up and run again but I’m getting no codes

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

I have a 99 Ford contour to point out the car will start and run fine I’ll drive for like five minutes and I just shut off I change the fuel pump filter relay and it still doing it now if I let the car sit after shut off for about 15 minutes it’ll start up and run again but I’m getting no codesJust over 100,000 and yeah it starts normally

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Contour yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just over 100,000 and yeah it starts normallyYes I’m fixing it myself I put a fuel pump relay and a filter and that’s it so far

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes I’m fixing it myself I put a fuel pump relay and a filter and that’s it so farI was told it was it I AC which I find hard to believe

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
3/11/2018
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 5 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for your question. My name isCustomerand I will be happy to assist you today. I am reviewing the details now.

Are you looking for some possible causes or would you like me to walk you through this diagnoses?

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?