Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

78 Ford Bronco. We rebuilt the truck for my son and have…

Customer Question
This is for a...

This is for a 78 Ford Bronco

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Bronco yourself? What have you tried so far?

We rebuilt the truck for my son and have worked on many older cars and trucks for years but never had quite this problem. When turning the steering wheel it will sometimes want to stay turned and have to be forced back to center. We were having some of the same problems problems with the pump leaking and replaced it because of constant air blockage. Once the new pump was installed and bled it would turn with one finger for weeks then this just started to happen

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have power steering? Have you checked the power steering fluid?

Power steering is still working and the fluid is at normal level with no sign of trapped air

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

All other parts on the front end are new or check out fine

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
3/11/2018
Ford Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 5 months ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok.

the lack of return comes from the steering box itself. try flushing the system with about a gallon of fluid and see if it helps the valves in the box.

Roy

do you still need any help???