Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2003 lincoln town car and the sunroof switch

Customer Question
I have a 2003...

I have a 2003 lincoln town car and the sunroof switch stopped working. I need to close the sunroof. I have the console down and unplugged the 2 warnesses. Which terminals do I jump to close the sunroof?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town Car yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am. I have a paperclip to jump, but I don't know which terminal to jump.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, I'll be buying a new switch Monday and I just want to close it for now.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
3/10/2018
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

I'm just trying to close thesumroof.
Sunroof not sumroof

Are you able to access the two wires at the motor? The motor wires should be the dark green and the light green wires.

I unplugged both connections, so I can just jump the switch

The wire you need to power and ground need to be at the motor. They are the dark green wire and the light green wire. You will need to make sure the motor is unplugged and then apply power to one wire and ground to the other, you may need to switch sides to get the motor to move in the direction you need.

I'm to upset and angry to keep trying to fix it. I'm not working on it anymore. You aren't helping. You are talking to an ASE certified tech with 20 years experience. You haven't been giving me what I asked.

Well, I gave you the steps to run the motor. If the motor did not run then It may very well be the cause for why it will not close. If you are an ASE tech then you should know its a DC motor and if the motor is okay, it will move both ways by switching power and ground at the motor.